This is your Blog

Many changes are going on with the economy and our lives as we adjust to it.

We will give you information about events, links to job resources, certificates awarded and other news about happenings in our special classroom.

PLEASE PUT YOUR FIRST INITIAL AND LAST NAME WITH ALL COMMENTS! THANK YOU...

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Have you ever watched.....

Have you ever watched a toddler... when they are just learning to be a toddler? They pull themselves up, plop down, pull themselves up, plop down... over and over again. There are some that manage to just take off, but others have to do it many times before they master those first steps that make them official toddlers.

That is the attitude that is needed for our students. Not everyone can sit down at the keyboard and type 50 words a minute. For some it is a goal that they feel they may never reach. Here is where the toddler attitude comes in. Toddlers have not learned the word 'can't.' They have not had experiences that have eroded their belief in themselves... they just keep trying till they get it.

Oh, the look on their faces when that first step is taken, when they are able to 'walk' to their parents. There is excitement, joy... As adults we may not be able to get to that level of not remembering the word 'can't' or not stumbling over our past failures, but somehow we need to learn to reach deep inside to lessen the power of 'can't' and to once again believe in ourselves so we can succeed.

3 comments:

  1. Malcom Harris-GowdieI went to a inspiring leadership seminar from Dr.Hart yesterday office career students her words inspired me I wrote an essay on what i learned from
    the seminar This will count as one of my speeches Leslie read my
    speech and she was inspired by it

    As an Individual we create power there is nobody that has a plan for
    you it is a do it yourself thing, you must avoid saying negative
    things in your mind. Being Succesful as a family, having perservance
    in your is vital in your daily life.
    Being Passionate towards your goal is important I also learned don't
    hang around negative people they will try to put you down give them an
    encouraging word tell others not to give up on your goal. Believe in
    yourself ask yourself this question What is stopping me from
    accomplishing my goals? We teach people how to treat us. You must
    visualize it in your mind. As an individual you can do anything if you
    put your mind towards it; anything is possible, Whatever we focus on
    expands.
    Get your focus in a positive direction you have to expect good things,
    Be careful of what you are thinking in your head. Make a list of your
    goals; write it down, look at your list, see yourself already there!
    To Conclude, decide on what you want to focus on, Ask two questions
    What goal to you wish to accomplish and How would you feel when you
    did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this it, It is so true every last word they wrote it was great words for any body :jessica sh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that really inspirin I try to aproach all my class's with the mind of a toddler because if I go in ther thinkin about my failures I cant make no positive steps forwerd. It's like if you make good in life your family still there tryin to help you but if you a toddler you got nothin to compare to. I think this writing has truth to it like the truth of the lord. everythin innocent until proven guilty. I like this class it bring me joy it. I don't know if I end up with an office job or not but I know my mind always be positive. no one can ever tell me I gonna fail at anything cuz I make all the time to learn how too do things that bring me better. I much happier now that I close to graduating this class. Much Love, Ashley

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for the use of the students of our class only.